When I started my blog I’d originally intended to primarily write about winery tours, cooking adventures, and travelling. I created it for myself in order to have an artistic outlet outside of my technical full time job. I told myself to avoid falling into several “newbie” blogging traps of A) creating content for content’s sake and B) promoting it in hopes of somehow magically attracting sponsors. In short, I didn’t want to compromise my blogging goals by word vomiting (to borrow a phrase from Mean Girls) all over the place. However, anyone who’s ever tried to maintain a blog knows how time consuming it is to create content for each new post, whether it’s just for yourself and a few friends or for hundreds of loyal readers. Whatever you choose to blog about, it takes time, and often money, to visit places, document a recipe, and/or keep up with the fashion and beauty products. This, combined with the addition of a part-time job, quite a bit of traveling for my full time job,...
Another fantastic Northern Ireland site is the rope bridge at Carrick-a-Rede . Located near Ballintoy in County Antrim, this bridge was first erected by fishermen about 350 years ago. It spans over a 23-meter deep and 20-meter wide chasm and was traditionally used by the fishermen so that they could check their salmon nets. Today fishermen no longer work in the area due to a diminished availability of salmon. In the 1960's fishermen caught approximately 300 salmon per day, but by 2002 only 300 salmon were caught in a single season. The original rope bridge consisted of a single rope hand rail that was replaced with a two hand railed bridge by the National Trust . So suffice it to say it's much safer now than I'm sure it was 350+ years ago! For those afraid of heights, crossing is definitely a thrill since the rope bridge undulates as everyone walks across it. However, the staff has safety in mind as only a maximum amount of individual...
I have a huge list of books that I want to read, but I find myself distracted by activities that requires less attention at the end of the work day. I used to read a lot as a child ( Nancy Dre w mysteries were my all time favorite), but now I'm lucky if I'm able to squeeze in half a dozen books in a year. I always tell myself that 30 minutes a day spent reading is easily attainable--and for me, it should be; but I get distracted by social media or Words With Friends on my phone, or catching up with various shows on DVR. Either way, I need to improve my reading attendance, especially since I have a pile of books to get through! It's a new month, so I'm going to set a goal to read one book per month and then write a short review of it as proof. Without further adieu, this is what I read in May accompanied by a short list of what I'm currently reading. I've always had a habit of starting multiple books at once, even as a kid. GEISHA OF GION: THE TRUE ST...
Love all of these. I particularly love how glittery Ruby Mine is! I don't think I own that one yet!
ReplyDeleteIt was an impulse buy at Walgreens sometime last year. Great one if I do say so myself! :)
Delete